Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Pandemic Ruined My Plans

Good Day Mates,
         As you guys already know, we're are currently in a middle of a pandemic, and were all obviously quarantined. So, my plans to shooting this week have all been you know destroyed, but I have to work my way around it. As you guys already know, my mother is going to be my main subject, but I was planning on filing with her somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure I can film my mom somewhere in my house. My actual problem is that I was going to film my mom's best friend, who wears a hijab, but I can't see her anymore. I chose her because her outskirts  automatically give away her ethnicity, and I wanted to portray how that can lead to automatic first impressions from strangers.
          My mother doesn't wear the hijab, and she looks relatively European according to some, so with my mom I wanted to illustrate how people shift attitudes after they find out my mom is Arab. The solution to my problem is I am going to send my moms friend the questions, and maybe get her son to film her for me. The framing might not coming great, but some things are just beyond are control. I'll try my best to help them with the set up, but whatever works best for their connivence is what matters.
         With my two subjects, who are relatively the same age, I need a wider range of audience, someone younger, to appeal to my target audience a little more. So, I'm going to ask my brother in law to film himself for me. I believe in him for setting up the shot well, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself. My brother in law is a good subject, but he is very well spoken, and he somewhat reminds me of Hasan Minhaj, who was the inspiration for the styling of this doc series. I still think I need someone a little younger, but I can't think of anyone at the moment. My cousin might be able to help, but I don't know.
         If I find anyone I will keep you guys updated. But for now,
        I Will See You Later ;)

No comments:

CCR

Hey Guys Here is my CCR, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EaXcWKR4mu_tyO9h_byZyy2gAt4X3Mgg/view?usp=sharing I Will See You ...