Saturday, March 7, 2020

I Changed My Mind Again

Good Morning Everyone,
      For today's blog I decided to let you guys know that I am going to change things up a bit. Not too long ago, I said that I was going to be filming my Hispanic friends and how they were represented when they didn't live here. I was excited to be attempting to see their perspectives on this, but when I was writing out my questions, and I was thinking about the possible answers, I realized that I might not be getting the answers I wanted. To be honest, I want something raw, I want a story that is so insignificant but impactful, and I didn't think I would get that from my friends.
       So, I decided to go against  my original thought, and just work with Middle Eastern community instead. My biggest worry was that I would be biased, but this is where my challenge is going to be. I am going to use the same questions I was originally planning on asking my friends, and I will use those on my new subjects. With that I was hoping to appear as unbiased as I could get.
       In terms of interviewees and stories, I am going to have a much easier time planning those, mainly because I know quite a few Arabs with stories that I can talk about, which will help me get the message I want across. Also, in terms of time management, I have my parents, and my siblings whom I can interview at any given moment, in case I need to reshoot something. With that being said, here is my excerpt layout:

       Episode 3: the Arab Community
       Length: 45 minutes, 15 minutes per media group
       Excerpt: 12:00 to 17:00min, the transition from news representation to social media.

      My only worry now is, how am I going to manage to get all these stock images of news article without getting copy righted. That is something that I am going to be discussing in a future blog, dedicated specifically for the news section of my film comment. I am excited to finally begin filming the interviews and editing the film.
        I Will See You Later ;)

No comments:

CCR

Hey Guys Here is my CCR, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EaXcWKR4mu_tyO9h_byZyy2gAt4X3Mgg/view?usp=sharing I Will See You ...