Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Good News about News?

Good Morning!
         As my latest blog explained our pandemic situation, this one, I would like to say, has some lighter news. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I began researching into the copy rights and fair uses of news, and here is what I found out:

Under the "fair use" defense, another author may make limited use of the original author's work without asking permission. Pursuant to 17 U.S. Code § 107, certain uses of copyrighted material "for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."



The entire article talks about how it is allowed to use outside sources if it is for use of commentary or criticism. I would like to say, my doc series is going to be a commentary on media representation, therefore I should be fine in order of using these clips, but I have to consult my teacher to make sure I can use these clips. As of right now, that is good news, because I would be able to create a montage of them. But yea, that is it for today,

I Will See You Later ;)

No comments:

CCR

Hey Guys Here is my CCR, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EaXcWKR4mu_tyO9h_byZyy2gAt4X3Mgg/view?usp=sharing I Will See You ...