Friday, February 21, 2020

Intro to New Beginnings

Hey Guys,
         Today is officially the first day, in which I will be starting my A level Portfolio project. Just to refresh your memories a little bit, I am going to be working along with the Documentary package, in which I will be producing a 5 minute except of a TV serialized documentary series, a poster, and a website.
          I have had quite a hard time trying to figure out what I wanted to discuss, but yesterday I had quite a breakthrough with my idea. I've come to realization that there are very few topics in which I am passionate about, and one of them being Cultural Representation in the Media. Now that I am thinking about it, I didn't really realize it is a topic that I am so heavily imbedded in. For example, last  year I made my entire Ap Art portfolio about cultural influences of the individual. It's a topic that I have already been invested in.
           Just a few days ago, I finished my research about Arab Representation in U.S Media, and I've accepted the fact that it is a topic that I care about deeply. I noticed, that in modern media, it is very rare to see proper representation of minority groups, and coming from experience, it can impact how you are valued or percieved as a person.
          I grew up in country in which the world thinks of its people as terrorists, and this has impacted some of the views that people have had of me. Due to that, I strived to become the best person I could be, because this was my way of starting to spread awareness about this topic. Not everyone knows a Syrian or even an Arab person, so I wanted to be the person that represents my country to these peoples eye. I want them to think of me when they think of the Middle East, and think "oh Reem is from there" and just know that I grew up in that environment and that is why I am the person I am, not a terrorist but quite the opposite.
         Now that I have elaborated a little bit about why this topic is something I am passionate about,  I have decided that my documentary series is going to be about minority representation in U.S media and its impact on the individual. With that being said,

        I Will See You Later ;)


No comments:

CCR

Hey Guys Here is my CCR, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EaXcWKR4mu_tyO9h_byZyy2gAt4X3Mgg/view?usp=sharing I Will See You ...