Saturday, February 22, 2020

Poster ideas

Good Morning Guys,
          As I mentioned in my previous blog, I based my Ap Art Portfolio on cultural representation and its impact on the individual last year.  And since I need to make a postcard for my documentary package, I decided to paint my poster. Now, this is going to take me quite some time to do, but I am probably going to follow along what I did last year. Take a portrait of someone, and incorporate their ethnicity in the background. I worked with countries for my portfolio, but I am going to be working with minority groups so I am going to have a different approach to the topic.

       Before I drew any of my pieces, I went through an interview and photoshoot process. I met up with my subjects, and I asked them a series of questions that gave me an idea of their culture and its influence on their personalities. After I interviewed them,  I sat them down and photographed them.
       This is Larissa, she is from Venezuela. When I interviewed her, I remember her telling me that about how after she moved she felt closer to her country. She also told me that one of her favorite things about Venezuela is this tree, I forgot the name, but its the one I drew in the background. She was one of my first pieces, and I forgot to keep record of what she said, and also I was still experimenting with how I wanted to approach the pieces.  In her portrait, I put her in typical Venezuelan attire, to make her appear more close to her home.                                
         This is Isly, she is from Morocco. Isly is one of my closest friends, and culture has always been a subject we've spoken about so I didn't really need to interview her. Isly always felt as if her culture has defined her, but she is trying to shine through it. So for her piece, I put Moroccan textile in the background and I gradually incorporated it into her face, but not so much, just to empathize that idea of shining through.
        So now that I've shown you some examples, I plan on doing the same thing with my postcard. I am going to interview all my subjects, and photograph them. Which will give a variety of options to work with. As of right now I might either draw only one subject, or somehow incorporate all of them into my piece, but I will be mentioning that later on. Here is an example of my thought process to approaching this:
This is what I did when I interviewed my friend, Gian Luca whose from Argentina, for his piece:
                                     





         
               The first picture, is my interview questions and his answers to them. This is where I found out that he isn't really involved much with his culture, but he is proud of it. Since he  didn't grow up there, he isn't as involved, But he does like his matte and steak. The second picture was the one I ended up drawing, I took several, but this one was my favorite because it was an off guard picture, and I thought it suited my overall piece idea. The third picture is the rough sketch I drew before the piece. The portrait of him was stood in-front off a graffiti wall with all his favorite things from Argentina, a soccer ball,  matte, and Messi's soccer jersey. I won't show the piece since Im not really proud of how it turned out, but I might later on.
          Anyways, here is what my process looks like, and I will be posting a blog soon in which I will be doing the same thing for my postcard. With that being said,




                                                                 I Will See You Later ;)
     

       

No comments:

CCR

Hey Guys Here is my CCR, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EaXcWKR4mu_tyO9h_byZyy2gAt4X3Mgg/view?usp=sharing I Will See You ...