Saturday, February 29, 2020

Episodic Breakdown

Good Morning Ladies and Gents,
         In today's blog I shall be talking about how every episode in my doc series is going to be broken down.  Since representation in the Media is such a broad topic, I have decided to breakdown the episodes into three sections:
               1.  Representation in the News
               2. Representation in Film
               3.Representation in the Social Media

        I believe as each of these topics has a different impact as to how it effects individuals day to day life, because in our modern day time, the News and Film content tends to effect the representation of the race/ ethnicity in general, in contrast to social media which impacts the younger generations the most.  Therefore, the separation is needed in order to disclose these ideas in a way in which it would be easy to follow, and make sure no to cram all the information.

         As for the actual episodes, I am thinking around 45 minutes each, with commercials in-between making them around an hour each. Each sections would get around 15 minutes of screen time, so my excerpt is going to be taken from 1 section and talking about a 1/3 of it. Or I was thinking about doing a excerpt transiting between different topics, because in an earlier blog I mentioned how I liked the transition techniques  that the Ted Bundy series used. Anyways, here is the list of episodes I have as of right now:

  1. Middle Easterns
  2. Hispanics/ Lationos
  3. Asians
  4. Indians
  5. African Americans 
  6. Native Americans 
I am not entirely sure if this is the final list, but as of right now it appears to be it for me. I am still having a hard time deciding on the excerpt, because I can easily do middle east, but I am going to appear biased, not intentionally just subconsciously. So based on who I know, I might end up working with either Hispanics or Asians. In terms of which sections, I have cool ideas for each of them, but since my subjects are going to be of my age, I would rather just focus on the Social Media section of the episode. Anyways, I have a a lot to figure out, but as per usual,
       I Will See You Later ;)

No comments:

CCR

Hey Guys Here is my CCR, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EaXcWKR4mu_tyO9h_byZyy2gAt4X3Mgg/view?usp=sharing I Will See You ...