Sunday, February 23, 2020

Documentary Inspirations

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents,
         In this blog, I will be sharing my inspirations to how I would like to my excerpt to look like. I have seen quite a few documentaries, it just they all haven't been TV serialized. But the ones that I have seen I have taken to like quite a bit. But they have all been serial killer documentaries, because those happen to be one of my guilty pleasures. Excluding the fact that they're serial killer docs, I'm going to focus on the genre characteristics that I like.
         The first one I'd like to mention is the Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes. Although I watched it quite some time ago, I still remember my favorite parts about it. One of the few things I liked the most were the transitions between the scenes. I liked how they used timeline to smoothly transition between the scenes, I would defiantly like to incorporate something like that into my excerpt. I just think it such a neat idea. Another thing I liked was, how the tape was played and the reenactment scene was shown after, or as the scene was going on. It gave off a narrator or live action feel to the episodes. It carries a suspenseful atmosphere throughout the episode, which is not what exactly what I want, but I want to also do something in relation to that. Overall, I think this series, as of right now, is my main inspiration in terms of the technical aspects of the series.
       My biggest concern as of right now is that I haven't seen many documentaries, so in the upcoming week I will be watching some experts from non-serial killer documentaries and focus on a subgenre that is more similar to mine, so that will be my homework for the week.  Definitely except a blog from me within the next few days, in which I will be talking about the shows I have watched, and what I liked from them.
I have an honorable mention documentary series, Law and Order True Crimes, such a great one, anyways,
I Will See You Later ;)

No comments:

CCR

Hey Guys Here is my CCR, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EaXcWKR4mu_tyO9h_byZyy2gAt4X3Mgg/view?usp=sharing I Will See You ...